25HP Single or Three Phase 240V
Drive Only Mitsubishi F800 Series Drive (pre programmed for you)
No Sensor (transducer)
No Sensor cable 33ft long
Installation of a typical VSD:
1. Mount VSD on the wall close to the vacuum pump.
2. Drill and tap a 1/4" hole in the center of your balance tank and screwing in a sensor (drill and tap are provided).
3. Run the sensor wire to VSD and connect to the labeled terminals.
4. Instruct your licensed electrician to connect the incoming power to the appropriate labeled terminals.
5. We recommend setting your existing vacuum controller 1"Hg above your required vacuum level (this will cause the existing vacuum controller to become inactive but still be of use should you disable the VSD for any reason)
How VSD's work:
Milking vacuum pumps are sized to deliver the required maximum vacuum level to operate the milking and washing systems. Occasionally when a milking unit falls off a cow's udder or when there is a temporary system leak, high levels of vacuum are needed for short intervals. Normal milking operation uses less than half the maximum vacuum available. Before variable speed technology was used for vacuum pumps, dairy operators had to run their pumps at a constant high speed to perform adequately during the occasional short intervals of high vacuum need. The VSD determines exactly how much vacuum the system requires by using a sensor located in the balance tank and regulates the speed of the pump accordingly. The result is a pump that runs at a much lower speed most of the time and requires substantially less electricity to do the job. Typical energy savings are from 50% to 80%. Our customers who switched to VSD tell us on average they save about $1.00 per cow per month. A 400 cow dairy will see approximately $400 per month savings on energy bills. Also many power utilities have programs in place that will pay for VSD's simply to promote the use of them reducing the load on their system.
Drives are sized to run on Single or Three Phase Incoming power. Kit comes with DRIVE, SENSOR & SENSOR CABLE Remember you will still need to order a three phase motor. All drives are programmed and ready to install by your electrician. 480V Drives are available at no additional cost.